Active Academy’s vision is to provide our swimmers with the opportunity to swim at all levels from Lean-to-Swim through to master’s squads in an environment that is user-friendly and well located, through a professional approach and top-quality instruction.
All our instructors and coaches are certified, accredited and registered with Swimming South Africa (SSA), central Gauteng Aquatics (CGA). Our instructors are continually reviewed and assessed and have to attend refresher courses, workshops and conferences throughout the year to earn CPD (Continual professional development) points to maintain our high standard of instruction and coaching.
In our many years of experience our swimmers achieve excellent results on a personal and competitive level. We strive to continue to build swimmers of this nature. Our teaching philosophy is one of every swimmer is unique and inherits their own strengths.
We focus on strengths and gently guide any weaknesses to build confident successful swimmers.
We offer the following services at our swim school:
- 6 months to 3 years
- 3 years and older
- Adults – 18 years and older
- Beginner stroke development – 6 years +
- Advanced stroke development – 6 years +
- Beginner squad – _8 years + determined on ability
- Intermediate squad – _8 years + determined on ability
- Advanced squad – _8+ determined by ability
- Masters squad – _determined by ability
- Our swim school is based at Moove Motion Fitness Club, Sunninghill.